Revved Up and Sitting Out
Consolation is fit and frisky. She could do 50 miles at Tough Sucker tomorrow. I’d like to say that I’m throwing the last bits of gear in the trailer and heading out. But I’m not.
The itch issue isn’t 100% resolved. It seems to be resolving along her topline, but has moved down her sides. I talked with her vet and he suggested treating it like a fungus, as these can present in myriad ways and this could just be a somewhat atypical case. So, I’m slathering her with athlete’s foot cream and keeping an eye on her for a couple more days.
Even if that problem were taken care of, I think we’d sit this one out. It doesn’t seem fair to ask Consolation for a 50 when we haven’t been able to go for some good rides to make sure she’s feeling perfect in other ways. Her new Stonewall appears to fit beautifully, but we haven’t been able to give it a real test yet, so that’s another reason to wait.
Sigh. I’m trying to remember that we’re still well ahead of where we were at this time last year. And I’m (still) learning to take things as they come. There will be more rides.